Learn “simple” Thai Massage
● You will learn a 60-90 min Thai Massage flow.
● You will learn how to use the Thai Massage technique to create a more comfortable Savasana.
● It is just so relaxing for the client and also for the therapist!
Dates and time will be decided soon.
(20-hour hands-on training)
Thai massage works with compression: slow rhythmic pressing movements directed into muscle tissues by the hand or fingers. The Foot and elbow are also used to create a different kind of pressure.
These slow and rhythmic movements create a meditative effect on the clients and also on the therapist.
Thai massage usually takes place on a futon mat on the floor. The client will be wearing loose or stretchy clothing. The therapist is also on the mat and moves their body into various stretches and positions, without any work on their part. This is why it is called “lazy man’s yoga”. Thai massage can be both relaxing and energizing.
The therapist uses a variety of different sequences of techniques on clients. Clients will be lying face up, lying face down, seated, or on their side. Rather than rubbing on muscles, the client’s body is compressed, pulled, stretched, and rocked.
In this training, you will learn simple Thai massage technique on supine, prone and sitting. Rather than trying to remember a long complicated sequence, we will divide the sequence into 3 short sections and practice those short ones individually. On the last day, those 3 sections are put together to make an hour-long massage flow. By the end of the training, you will be able to give 60-90 min massage to your clients. We will also learn how to use some of the Thai massage technique to create more comfortable Savasana in yoga class; we will learn how to help clients with lower back pain and stiff shoulders.
(Training comes with a manual with lots of pictures).
– This training has been given in Japan —
Testimonials from students in Japan:
● “Relaxing for the body and mind. It is also so relaxing for the therapist, too!” – Atsuko Muraki
● “It is not too complicated and I was able to remember the flow. Confident enough to give it to my students.” – Shinayo Nagasaka
● “I gave the 90 min flow at my spa right away after the training. The client fell asleep.” – Izumi Nakagawa
【Teacher】 Kumi Umuyashiki
Teaches yoga and 200-hour YTT in Japan.
Gives private sessions at home studio using Restorative, Yin yoga and Thai Yoga Massage.
She has taken 2 Thai Massage training: One at Tennokiya Japan. The other one with Jonas Westering.
【Venue】 To be decided (Vancouver)
1 yoga mat and 2 large blankets or bath towels.
【Fees】 $390 CN
● $50 deposit to be paid in advance (Please pay by — date to be decided).
● The deposit above will not be refunded if the cancellation was made by the student.
● Please pay the rest by the first day of the training.
● Training comes with a manual with lots of pictures.
○ w/ Max 12 students.
After the traininig
Shakti Mandir Yoga will give you a certificate that shows that you have taken 20-hour Thai massage training. This is not a license but something you can show to your clients about the fact you took the Thai massage training.
【Contact & Booking】email@example.com
【How to pay】PayPal (Information coming soon).
email address for PayPal payments: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email if you are cancelling.
Cancellation fee as below:
7 days before the first day of the training: 80% of the total after deposit will be refuned.
3 days before the first day of the training: 50% of the total after deposit will be refuned.
1 day before the first day of the training: No refund.